Submitting an Article Online
Sorry, submissions are temporarily disabled for this journal
Articles/contributions should be sent to:
Joint Editors- SLIIT Journal of Humanities & Sciences
Faculty of Humanities & Sciences/SLIIT
Kandy Road, Malabe, Sri Lanka
- It is a condition that research articles submitted to SJHS have not been published elsewhere and also will not simultaneously be published elsewhere. It is also agreed that by submitting their articles, the authors agree that the copyright for their articles is transferred to SJHS. The copyright covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute the article in any form by SJHS without the permission of the author.
- Your article will be subjected to a review process by two reviewers who are experts in their relevant field. In order to facilitate the anonymous review process, you are requested to provide the title page separately.
- The title page should include the title of the article, your full name, affiliation, address, email and telephone/mobile number.
- Recommendations of two reviewers are necessary for the publication of your article.
- The article should not exceed 6000 words.
- Abstract should be between 150-200 words with 5-6 keywords.
- Article should include the following:
- Introduction to the research problem/background to the research/rationale
- Results and Discussion
- Footnotes can be numbered and given at the end of the article.
- Referencing should conform to the APA style.
- Tables/graphs should be included in the appropriate places. Longer tables should be added at the end of the article as annexes.
- Use Times New Roman Fonts – Abstract 11pt; Article 12pt; Spacing 1.5
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, in part or in whole, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- All third-party-owned materials used have been identified with appropriate credit lines, and permission has been obtained from the copyright holder for all formats of the journal. Authors acknowledge their responsibility to gain all permissions prior to submission.
- All authors qualify as authors and have given permission to be listed on the submitted paper.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines. Every effort has been made to ensure that the submission is ready for peer review according to the journal's review policy (following the instructions to ensure blind peer review).
- Tables are all cited in the main text and are included within the text document. Longer tables should be included at the end of the document as annexes.
- Figures are all cited and included in the main text and are uploaded as supplementary files. Figures/images have a resolution of at least 150dpi (300dpi or above preferred). The files are in one of the following formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EPS (to maximise quality, the original source file is preferred).
- The corresponding author is submitting an ORCID identifier in their author data and co-authors have been recommended to also provide an ORCID.
© SLIIT Journal of Humanities and Sciences
It is a condition that research articles submitted to SJHS have not been published elsewhere and also will not simultaneously be published elsewhere. It is also agreed that by submitting their articles, the authors agree that the copyright for their articles is transferred to SJHS. The copyright covers the exclusive right to reproduce and distribute the article in any form by SJHS without the permission of the author.